Thank you to all who attended the October PAC meeting! Minutes will be posted shortly, but in the meantime, the highlights are as follows:
* Rozsika Den Hann and Sandra Benholm Cheung were voted in as Secretary and Treasurer, respectively.
* This year's budget was approved. A copy of the budget and financials will be posted shortly, and there is a paper copy available now in the green binder by the office.
* Lori Driussi addressed the PAC community and spoke about the ongoing efforts to fill EA spots. All classes now have assigned teachers, including those taking over to teachers on leave or in job shares.
* Heads up: Once the district is done upgrading the online communication system, Lori Driussi will do all communication online through the website and email only - and at PAC meetings, of course! There are no paper school newsletters or calendars going forward.
* To have your say in after-school programming through Burnaby Parks & Rec onsite at Suncrest, you can fill out a short online survey at www.burnaby.ca/afterschoolprograms
* The Earthquake Committee has put up all the new shelving for the new container and aims to move the inventory from the old kiosk into the container shortly. They will then take stock of what we have, and put together a report detailing what we still need to purchase.
* $1,000 from the General Account is being added to the Playground Fund amount, bringing the total up to $9,000
* The Pancake Breakfast is scheduled for Friday, December 22. Volunteers for prep (pick ups, decoration) are needed asap, and forms for cooks and servers on the day will go out closer to the event.
* Members voted to have a minimum of three signatories on the PAC General Account and Gaming Account to improve financial protection. In addition, no signatory will be able to sign cheques written to themselves - two other signatories must sign.
On another note, the next round of HOT LUNCH by FUEL is now open. A paper notice will go home in early November, but if you want to get it out of the way early, you can do so now on the MunchaLunch site. Hot Lunch Days are Tuesday, November 29 (Kids' Faves - Menu #3) and Tuesday, December 19 (Pasta - Menu #4).
Suncrest School Website:
GENERAL MEETING: Friday February 19, 2021
9:30am via Zoom (Please RSVP to email@example.com if you would like to attend.